Regional Supervisor, Bozeman, MT
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) seeks qualified applicants for the position of Regional Supervisor located in Bozeman, Montana. This is a full time, year round position.
MCC is a crew based program whose mission is to inspire young people through hands-on conservation service to be leaders, stewards of the land, and engaged citizens who improve their communities. MCC has an annual $5 million budget and receives funding from AmeriCorps, project sponsors, grants and private donations. Statewide each year, the MCC has over 200 AmeriCorps young adult members and 100 youth corps members who perform natural resource work across the region with a variety of land use agencies and non-profit partners.
The Regional Supervisor (RS) is responsible for the overall operation and management of the MCC field operations. Primary duties include project solicitation & coordination, community partnership cultivation, hiring & supervision of regional staff, leaders & members hiring, stewardship of local stakeholders, and assurance of high quality program implementation. They are the primary liaison between the State Office and the region.
Primary duties include:
- Provide overall leadership and tone setting for the region; set appropriate standards; ensure high quality adult & youth program delivery; provide fair & appropriate discipline
- Develop relationships with project sponsors, provide & manage full schedule of high quality project work for leaders & members, negotiate service agreements
- Help develop funding strategies– ie: write grants, steward community partnerships
- Create meaningful, high quality volunteer and service day events
- Establish and maintain the MCC as a community resource by networking with non-profit, governmental and private entities.
- Perform administrative duties; timely submittal of required project, program, grant & member paperwork
Qualifications: B.S./B.A. Strong interpersonal and administrative skills. Three years of supervisory experience. Experience with corps, youth development or educational programs. Project development & oversight experience. Technical skills such as trail building, fencing, and carpentry are desirable. Starting salary of $40,000 DOE. MCC also provides health and dental benefits, a generous vacation package, and 401k after a year of employment.
MCC is accepting applications now. Target start date is January 7, 2013. To apply, submit resume, cover letter and listing of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 406-587-2606 or mail to:
MCC Search Committee
206 North Grand St.
Bozeman, MT 59715