MCC is a wonderful organization working with youth (and veterans) on conservation projects in the Big Sky. This will be a great job for someone! – Dave
Veterans Program Coordinator
The Montana Conservation Corps (MCC) seeks qualified applicants for the full-time position of Veterans Program Coordinator. MCC’s mission is to “inspire young people through hands on conservation service to be leaders, stewards of the land and engaged citizens who improve their communities.”
MCC has an annual $5 million budget and receives funding from AmeriCorps, project sponsors, grants and private donations. The Veterans Green Corps (VGC) program is designed as a career training experience for recently discharged veterans looking to transition from the military into a career in the natural resources field.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Program Coordinator is responsible for creating an outreach plan, recruiting, screening and hiring appropriate veterans, and helping oversee the implementation of the VGC program. The Program Coordinator must develop and maintain a good working relationship with, state office and regional staff, Veterans services staff and recruits. Primary duties include:
- Develop recruitment strategy to target qualified applicants
- Identify and implement recruitment and outreach activities
- Track, interview and hire qualified veterans in coordination with regional staff
- Help develop and deliver communications resources (press releases, recruitment materials)
- Help staff design, organize and implement orientations, trainings and graduation events
- Instill ‘culture of professionalism’ and cultivate safety awareness within VGC crews
- Promote and support compliance with MCC policies and recognized safety standards
- Assist Program Manager with development of education and curriculum in line with MCC program objectives and mission; Insure high quality implementation of MCC education
- Perform office administrative duties such as paperwork, phone, mail, filing
Qualifications: B.S./B.A. or equivalent work experience. Strong communication, administrative, and organizational skills. Experience with military personnel or veterans. A valid driver’s license is required as well as a willingness to travel extensively in and out of state. Previous corps experience desirable.
Benefits: Position pays $1,098.40/biweekly. MCC also provides health and dental benefits, and a paid vacation package. This position is a one-year appointment initially.
For a detailed job description visit our website at www.mtcorps.org or call 406.587.4475. MCC is accepting applications through November 30, 2012. Target starting date is January 7, 2013. To apply submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to:
MCC Search Committee, 206 North Grand, Bozeman, MT 59715